Orlando Real Estate
Prepare Your Yard for Buyers
Here are six landscaping tips to boost the value of your house, without spending a lot.
1. Lay the groundwork for successful landscaping. Make sure your property has proper drainage so water doesn't slosh back to the house and make the foundation unstable or conversely, erode backyard slopes.
2. Create a focal point. The yard doesnt have to be filled with amazing beds of color. But it's nice if you can create a focal point with flowers or unusual shrubs along a porch or an area of architectural interest.
3. Create an atmosphere and then take it with you. Plant some of your flowers, shrubs, herbs and vegetables in beautiful containers. They can lend charm to your backyard when you're showing it, but then you don't have to leave your investment behind.
4. Plant for privacy and shade. Some of the biggest payoffs in landscaping are those that provide a sense of distance from your neighbors. Tall shrubs planted to screen a bank of windows on the side of your neighbor's house almost always pay off, landscape architects say.
5. Phase out undesirable or sick trees.
6. Choose a wide array of plants that look good even when they're not blooming and in cold weather. Go to a local nursery that has a knowledgeable staff that can tell you which plants will work best in your area. Do some planning first, then talk to these pros about what you want to achieve, how much you have to spend and how much time you're willing to put in watering, pruning and fertilizing.
Find Ideas at: HGTV.com
- Projects to Add Curb Appeal Around Your Home: