Municipalities & Communities
Orange County is a county located in Central Florida, and is bordered by Seminole, Lake, Osceola, and Brevard Counties. Originally created in 1824 as Mosquito County, it was renamed Orange County in 1845 for the fruit that constituted the county's main product. At its peak in the early 1970's, some 80,000 acres were planted in citrus in Orange County.
However, today, no commercial orange groves remain, having been destroyed by freezing, and then later being swallowed by growing housing developments. Several packing plants and wholesalers who get their oranges from elsewhere in Florida are still in Orange County.
- Orange County Comptroller
- Orange County Supervisor of Elections
- Orange County Property Appraiser
- Orange County Sheriff's Office
- Orange County Tax Collector
- Orange County Public Schools
- South Florida Water Management District
- St. Johns River Water Management District
- Orange County Clerk of Courts
- Public Defender, 9th Judicial Circuit of Florida serving Orange and Osceola counties
- Circuit and County Court for the 9th Judicial Circuit of Florida